Clarence Pointer in a Platinum Champion that supports JOTU & GEMS.
Clarence was born in Hillsboro, a small town in Alabama. It was there he developed his God’s given talent with no formal training, with great family and friends support. Over time he had formed his on unique style of drawing. He
always believed in creating realistic detailed masterpieces, it would best showcase his utmost abilities. Pointer welcomes challenging and seemingly difficult projects, it keeps him
sharp. Success came after lots of practice, perseverance, self-discipline, patience and determination to be the best.
While serving in the Air Force stationed at Okinawa, Japan a master Japanese artist who told him to devote even more time to each project. After those words of wisdom, Clarence began winning numerous art contests throughout
Southern California and has gained international status.
Hundreds of drawings to his credit, the master pencil artist has no signs of slowing down. Striving to always get better with each task is what drives him. People are sometimes blown away by the optimum level of detail and can’t believe he has actually drawn the masterpieces as recently as December 5th, 2008. I guess seeing is not always believing…some people will remain in disbelief because most of the images actually look like real photography projects. That is how realistic his work has developed over the years;
the challenging phase is nearly over. He can basically draw
anything on the planet!
* He has had artwork on sitcoms, Hanging with Mr. Cooper
& Sparks in the 90’s.
* He was chosen to be Miss America Majorie Judith
Vincent’s escort for Black History month in the Southern
California Region in 1992.
* Commissioned to create a drawing of Rosa Parks for a
special event presentation at Edwards AFB in 1993
* Hand selected as Art Director of magazine publication
“Black Bottom-Line”, by its founder and publisher Dr. John
* Invited to showcase his art masterpieces at Motown
Legend Smokey Robinson’s 1st Annual Celebrity Golf
Tournament in 2005.
* Commissioned to draw cast members of the Gospel
Musical Play “Gods Trying To Tell Me Something” for their
* He was commissioned to create an entire wall of
legendary musical artist for Los Angeles Rams Wide
Receiver Willie “Flipper” Anderson in 1990 consisting of 15
.* Other patrons are Smokey Robinson singer/entertainer
and Barry Gordy Motown Record Legends; Lindsay
Hughes a southern California McDonalds executive.
* He currently has artwork displayed at Roscoe’s Chicken
and Waffles, a famous Soul Food restaurant located in
downtown Hollywood California.
* Recent patrons of his art masterpieces are Singer Stevie
Wonder and Actor/Actress/Singers Wil & Jada Picket Smith
and Los Angeles Sheriff Leroy D. Baca, he holds the highest
police position in the city; all acquiring his latest 44th
President of the United States of America Barack Obama
* Dr. Frederick K. C. Price founder of Ever Increasing
Faith Ministries; Crenshaw Christian Center one of the
worlds largest churches has one “Barack Obama”
masterpieces showcased in his Pastoral Office.
* Antelope Valley Mayor / Bishop Henry Hearns one of the
respected individuals in the state of California.
* Clarence was personally invited as the featured artist for
the 2009 Barack Obama Beverly Hills California
* Featured on the Local Edition in January 2009; a Time
Warner Cable Company Television Program reaching all of
* Selected as Art Director and Illustrator for JMC Gospel
Music Record Label in January 2009 by Founder and CEO
Janice Marshall. He will be the sole artist to create and
design every CD cover. He will be bringing true art back to
form like back in the day…
* Recent patrons to acquire my artwork have been
legendary Singer Melba Moore and Aids
Activist/Spokesperson Rae Lewis-Thornton
* Actor Sy Richardson the multi-talented actor, who is
famous for his character roles and one man shows.
* Actress Troy Byer of Dynasty and The Five Heartbeats*
Actress Ella Joyce
* Recently was selected to create a drawing of Apollo
Theater Percy Sutton and PR Specialist Terrie Williams for
an Washingtion D.C. Awards event in which both received
Legacy Awards at a 2010.
* Appeared on the inspirational Antidote TV show in
* Hand selected to create an image of Ambassador Andrew
Young for the It Takes a Village Foundation in Las Vegas.
* A 2013 appointed a premier artist for the Dallas Cowboys
* Selected as the sole artist to create masterful drawings for
the new Oscar Cunningham African American Sports
Museum in Las Vegas, NV.
* A member of TWICEDOT.COM online newspaper as the
* Art Exhibition in Rancho Cucamonga host by Stephen &
Diane Cooper of the Hourglass Wine and Art Gallery.
*Art Exhibition at the Beverly Hills Country Club, where
Malcolm-Jamaal Warner personally autographed my
masterful drawing of him.
*Chosen to create a drawing for the Luther Vandross Tribute 2013 affair.
*Will be donating an original drawing of Sojorner Truth to the museum in Sacramento, Ca in her honor.
A portion of the proceeds are donated to needy charities
around the world.
To get your personal drawing contact : Clarence Pointer
Follow Clarence on Twitter: https://twitter.com/clarencepointer
Visit Clarence on my website under sponsors: http://www.jdnmbooks.com